• Must be available to work 15-21 hours per week June 4th through August 31st on-site only.
• Proficient computer skills in a Mac environment
• Must be proficient in basic design programs including Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop, as well as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
• Some writing and proofing skills are required • Proficient communication skills (written and verbal) and administrative skills
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, completing assigned tasks within identified time frames
We are looking for a creative, enthusiastic, and hard-working design Intern to join our team. The Intern will assist in the planning and execution of both digital and print marketing materials for the Paul Wharton Style and contribute to ongoing in-house initiatives. This is a great opportunity to understand the working process and day-to-day responsibilities of an association’s in-house design team through hands-on learning and execution. The Intern will work under the guidance of the Creative Director to ensure quality and visual cohesion in accordance with the brand.
• Assist with designing materials• Update existing Marketing materials and assist in the development of new ones using Adobe Creative Suite (e.g., social media graphics, banners + signs, ads)
• Assist with ongoing initiatives, such as photo archiving, server organization, and file preparation in accordance with industry standards and best practices
What will you gain?
• Project and time management skills
• Organizational skills, including technical and creative best practices for design file structures
• The importance of detail-oriented layout in a fast-paced environment • Advocate and negotiate your point of view by working directly with the creative team
• Participate in brainstorms for upcoming projects
• Refining presentation and public speaking in a variety of settings (critiques, brainstorms, kick-off meetings, etc.) While focusing the desired responsibilities, the intern will be able to gain effective and efficient design skills.
• And you'll get to hang around some really cool people